

On Tuesday, we got up and went to vote. We had to wait in line for about 30 min and then the kids got to learn how to vote. We also talked about NOT voting for things you know nothing about. I think they enjoyed it. After voting, I had to work. The kids came with me, and they had a tally sheet to determine if McCain or Obama had the most yard signs. Since we had to go to a bunch of different neighborhoods, they had a good selection. The total tally was McCain-40, Obama-17. I was a little surprised. I thought there would be more Obama signs. We had a lot of schooling that day on the election. It was decided that Paige wanted Obama to win and Devin wanted McCain. I don't think Brooke really cared. At the end of the day we went to Chick-Fil-A for a free chicken sandwich with a "I voted" sticker. The kids got to play in the play area for a few minutes, and they had a lot of fun. It was a long day, but a good one.

No comments:
Post a Comment